Off to Chicago

Despedida dinner at Seafood Island in Cubao

I'm glad Ipe, Kris, Adrian, Carli, Feli and A all came when I had a small going-away dinner a few days before I left. I knew I was going to miss them so badly! Now, I'm being a little sentimental and really missing hanging-out with them. For sure, I'm going to miss-out on Varsi-Amihan events for the next 4-6 months, especially this year's Visita Iglesia and "the" birth of Felipe III! Awwwe! Don't forget to send me some pictures guys! I can't wait for our next dinner and coffee together. Take care everyone!

Keeping in touch!

Erwin and I talk almost everyday. Thanks to MSN, Skype and Chikka! I've never imagined being in a long distance relationship. The distance and the time difference can really make things a little bit difficult to handle BUT we're holding on and we're keeping it strong! Hopefully, we'll be back driving-around, eating-out, watching movies and having coffee together soon.

Onshore...

Some interesting things that I've gone through in my first week here in Chicago --
  • staying-up until 4 in the morning just watching One Tree Hill episodes in YouTube because of jet lag;
  • cooking (So far, I've already cooked corned beef, sausage and soup!) so that Cors (my housemate) and I would have something to eat;
  • doing my own laundry (all of it!); and
  • finding the best solution to extremely dry skin and chapped lips (baby oil + lotion + petroleum jelly + chapstick).
I bet more things are coming my way! Hopefully, I'd be able to adjust soon. For sure, I am going to learn a lot of things while I'm away from home. More stories coming-up!

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Not Just A Box Of Chocolates

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP