Once a Writer...

Logic break time. I went to google.com and just started randomly typing my friends’ names. I was hoping I could find something interesting and I was not disappointed. Most of my searches returned more than ten search results. I saw tons of writings (news articles, blog entries, literary pieces, etc.) from VarsiAmihans (former staffers of The VarsitarianUST’s Official Student Publication). Impressive. They are still very into writing. I won’t be surprised if one day, their names become really big in the field of literary and/or journalism. The possibilities are endless. They’re good and I am not being bias when I say that. ;D

I was running-out of names to search for, so I typed “Leah Bundoc” then I hit the “Search” button. I was not really expecting to get any results but I thought I’d try anyway. A couple of items were listed – my Friendster account and someone else’s profile. Curious, I followed the second search result’s
link. I was awed when I figured-out why a stranger’s profile showed-up in my search for something that has my name on it. His profile contained the following text --
Favorite writer: Genoveva Edroza Matute, Liwayway Arceo, Anna Leah Bundoc, Amado Hernandez, Yung sumulat ng Fav. Books Ko, Ferdinand Marcos, Ian Sta.Maria.
Speechless. Someone actually read and liked the pieces that I’ve written before? I’m guessing this guy has probably read one of my Varsi literary pieces back in college. I was very touched and still very curious that I even looked for his Friendster profile. He’s a UP Diliman graduate and a PMAer. Nice. He seems like someone with fine taste. (Ehem!) His profile was full of sarcastic comments (mostly political comments) though and I’m just hoping that my name being on it is not one of his many sarcasms.
:p

This unexpected “Google experience” had a “blast from the past” effect on me. I was once a writer or at least, I tried being one. I experienced writing because of inspiration (experiences, life, joy and tears) and because of pressure (editors, deadlines and empty newspaper spaces that need to be filled). I went through writing workshops that made me feel like my crafts are worthless. I allowed people to read my thoughts. I survived the bad criticisms. I treasured the good remarks. Hmmm… The experience wasn't bad at all. I might go back to being a writer in the future or at least, I could try being one again. Maybe next time, when I search for my name in Google, I’d get more than just a couple of results. Who knows? The possibilities are endless. :)

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Not Just A Box Of Chocolates

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP