News from Manila

I’ve been away from home for over three months now (Four months to go and I’ll be home sweet home! Yey!), but I try to keep myself posted with things back home by being online and making phone calls almost everyday. I’m pretty much aware of what’s happening in Manila. For example, I know Kris Aquino has already given birth and she’s back with James Yap again. Hehehe! See? I’m up-to-date!

Seriously, the last time I’ve spoken with Nanay, she told me that my three year old nephew (Gio) is learning a lot from his summer pre-school classes. It’s our little Gio’s first time to go to school and looks like he’s really enjoying himself. My sister told me he gets “stars” all the time (Take note of the S! Smart kid! It runs in the family! Haha! ;D). I hear a lot of cute and funny “Gio stories” every time I speak to Nanay or to Jing (my sister). There was this one time when my family was expecting Erwin to make a visit. My sister asked Gio to make sure that his Tito Erwin eats dinner when he arrives. Gio totally misunderstood the instruction and he blurted-out – “Ha? Eh ang laki-laki na nu’n! Susubuan ko pa?” Really funny! This reminds me of another story, which happened when Gio was around two years old. One of our neighbors asked my Aunt whose kid Gio is, so my Aunt replied “Anak ng pamangkin ko.” When Nanay came home, Gio told her – “Nanay, sabi ni Mama (that’s what he calls my Aunt), anak monkey daw ako!” Hilarious! That story never fails to make me laugh! Gio really is our family’s little bundle of joy! Of course, all the credit goes to my sister for bringing him into our lives. He’s truly a blessing!

Speaking of my sister, she got married with someone she knew since high school last May 4. Who would have thought that after everything, it's them who would end-up together? Life is really full of surprises! By the way, he has a name. It’s Eric. I didn’t have the chance to really get to know Eric because he’s away from home most of the time (That’s because he works as a seaman.), but I truly appreciate his genuine love for my sister and for Gio. I’ve always wished for the right man for my sister and I’m very happy because she has already found “the” one. I’ve heard some stories about Eric and I must say, the guy is really an answered prayer. Too bad I wasn’t there for their civil wedding. Eric will be away for a year again and he already wants to start a family. That’s why they’ve made that decision. I texted my sister on that special day (which was also her birthday) and Erwin helped me arranged a simple gift for her (two dozens of peach roses). Because of where I am now, that was the best that I could do to make Jing feel my presence in one of her life's greatest milestones. From afar, I can only wish that they live a blissful life together. I can’t wait to witness their church wedding next year! I’ll make sure I’ll be there on that extra special day.

I’m expecting a lot more news from home. Life may seem to slow down from where I am and some things back home may have been put on hold because I’m so far away. I’m just wishing for things to either stay the same or get better. I've always hoped for the best and so far, I haven’t been disappointed.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Not Just A Box Of Chocolates

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP